What will you make?
You’ll also want to consider what function your blog will serve. This may not be clear to you right now and that’s ok. It will evolve over time. Below is a list of some of the reasons educators have personal / professional blogs.
- To share information and tips with other educators.
- To collaborate with a global audience. Increased collaboration with others, leads to greater innovation and ideas, because each individual sees a different perspective.
- To reflect on their learning or their teaching /work practices.
- To learn how to blog so they can use blogs effectively with their students.
- To create an ePortfolio of their professional work and set themselves apart from others.