The word blog is used quite frequently today. But many people are unclear about what a blog is. Please view the 4-minute video below and enjoy a clear and thorough introduction to blogs.
As you watch the video, keep the following things in mind:
- Where does the word “blog” come from?
- What is a theme used for?
- What are the 4 main sections of a blog?
- What is the purpose of a menu?
- What is the purpose of a sidebar?
- What is a footer typically used for?
- What goes in the body of a blog?
- What is the difference between a “post” and a “page”?
- What is the value of enabling comments on a blog post?
This content is adapted from the Edublogs Teacher Challenges. It is licensed with a CC-BY-NC-SA license.